I don't have my wedding pictures yet, I need to get some off of my dad's computer but our wedding day was perfect!! I couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather turned out to be amazing, the Draper temple is beautiful inside and out. Our sealing was so amazing and powerful. The photographer, videographer, luncheon, and reception were all perfect! I will post more details about all of that once I get pictures but in the mean time I will post about our amazing cruise!!
Friday night we headed up to Salt Lake and spent the night at the Marriott. Then we woke up bright and early the next morning and headed to the airport. We had a lay over in Denver and then we stopped in St. Louis and then we finally arrived in Tampa. We were staying at the Hyatt and were told that they had a complimentary shuttle from the airport so when we got there we called the shuttle and they said it would be right there. Well, an hour later we were still waiting so we went ahead and just took a taxi. When we were checking in I told the worker that he could call the shuttle and tell them that they didn't need to come and get us. Well since the shuttle never came they ended up upgrading our room and gave us a credit for their really nice breakfast in the morning so that was great! That night we were so hungry since we hadn't eaten since breakfast and so we ordered room service which was great.
Then the next morning we woke up and headed to the port to board the ship. We had no idea what we were doing so we went to check in when it said to on our ticket. If I go on a cruise again I would wait until the end to check in because then your room would be ready. Anyway, we got all checked in and boarded the ship. Since our room wasn't ready we went up and ate some lunch and just hung out on the ship until our room was ready!
| When we first got on the ship! |
That night we just hung out and explored the ship and went to dinner and met our table. We sat with a couple from Nebraska named Ginny and Dennis. It was fun to get to know them throughout the week and they were super nice.
The next day was our first day at sea. So of course we had to lay out and get some sun!!
That night was formal night at dinner so we got dressed up and headed down to dinner. Mike liked to food more than I did. But I did LOVE the desserts! :)
After dinner that night we just walked around the boat and took some pictures!
The next morning was our first stop! It was Cozumel, Mexico. For this excursion we had planned on swimming with the dolphins. So we got off the boat and headed to the resort where the dolphins were.
When we first got to the resort there were a few workers that had an iguana and a parrott that you could hold. I wouldn't do it but Mike did!
Come to find out if you held them and took a picture you had to give them $5. Even though you took the picture with your own camera. Oh well, it is a cool picture!
Then we went and got to go in the water with the dolphins. Our dolphins name was Star. We got to pet her and kiss her and then do some other tricks with her. Then we got to get on a boogy board and the dolphin came up behind us and pushed our feet then we got to crab her fins and get pulled by her! It was something that I have always wanted to do and it was a lot of fun! We only got one picture each because they were so expensive but it was a lot of fun!
Here are a few more pictures from Cozumel!!
Our stop the next day was Belize! Here we went on a River tour and then went and toured the Ancient Mayan Ruins! On the river tour we saw some of the native wild life and plants of Belize! It was cool!
| On the river |
| This is what we ate for lunch. Well Mike ate it. I only dared try the rice and beans! But Mike said it was good. |
| Where we ate lunch |
| At the Ruins. It was so hot and humid but it was still cool to see! |
The next day was our stop at Roatan! I didn't know this until we got there but it is part of Honduras. This day we just hung out at the beach and laid out. Then we went down the river on a kayak which was fun! We both got kind of burnt this day but luckily it turned into a tan!
| We took a chair lift to the beach! |
| It was beautiful! |
Our last stop was Grand Cayman! This stop we were set to go parasailing! This was probably my favorite stop. We got off the ship and met up with our group then got on the boat and headed out! It was so cool!!
| The ship tendered in Belize and Caymen. This is us on the ferry! |
After we were done parasailing we walked up and down the beach and swam in the ocean. It was beautiful! The water was so clear and it was so warm! I could have spent all day there!
When we were walking back to the ship Mike wanted to try some local BBQ so we stopped and got him some from this little shack on the side of the road. I didn't dare get any but he said it was good!
The last day was just spent on the ship again! We laid out and went swimming and then just hung out!
| Our waiters on the left and right |
On Sunday our flight didn't leave until later that day so we spent most of the morning just walking around Tampa. They have a huge aquarium there so we spent some time walking around there. It was really cool! Then we headed to the airport and came home!!
It was an amazing week! We didn't want to come back, but we are now back and slowing getting our apartment put together and back to real life!
I will post more about the wedding and our Colorado open house when I get the pictures!!
Looks like soooo much fun!! I want to swim with dolphins! Good thing Stacy wasn't with you when you went parasailing (we probably would have been able to hear her back here in the states)! haha! (love you Stacy)!
ReplyDeleteWow! I want to go on a cruise right now! So fun!!! Maybe I will be brave and try parasailing this weekend!! So glad you had a fun Honeymoon!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous!!! It looks like you had a blast. Thanks Jana....I will never live that down :)
ReplyDelete