After a year of dating, seven months of being engaged, lots of planning and getting ready for, lots of praying that the weather would work out May 6th finally came and it was PERFECT! I could not have asked for a better day. The week of the wedding we finally had good weather so we stayed busy getting the yard ready. We planted all the flowers, the guys laid concrete, we stained the fence, I think my dad mowed the lawn about everyday but everything came together and the yard looked amazing. Suzy came into town and Mike's friends were in town so on Thursday after work Mike went to a bon fire with all his guy friends and me, Suzy, Stacy and my mom went and got pedicures and manicures! After that Suzy and I went to dinner at La Jolla Groves in Riverwoods and then she helped me move some of my stuff into our apartment. She said that she had a surprise for me and come to find out she had brought the Kenny Chesney in 3D movie. So after we were done moving stuff we headed over to Stacy's and watched the concert. It was a lot of fun and a perfect last night of being single!
The next day started bright and early when I woke up at 5:00 to start getting ready. I went to the salon and McKell did my hair and it turned out awesome. She did such a great job! Then I headed over to the apartment and picked up Mike and we headed to the temple. When we got to the temple our parents and some of Mike's family and friends were already waiting for us so we said hi and then went in to get ready for the sealing.
The sealing was amazing. The Draper temple is beautiful inside and out. I loved the celestial room and the sealing room was beautiful as well! The sealer (Bro. Bills) came and talked to us for a minute then we headed into the sealing room. It was so amazing to walk in and see all your family and friends there to support you! The sealer did a great job and the sealing was perfect. After the sealing Jana and my mom helped me get ready and then we walked out for pictures! It was so fun to see everyone waiting for us!!
We walked around the temple and took a bunch of pictures and then stayed for awhile after Randy was done so that our videographer could get some shots as well! I haven't gotten my pictures back yet but I did get my video and it is so awesome. It is exactly what I wanted. I could watch it everyday!
Anyway after the temple we had to stop at the gas station and get me a diet coke and a treat because I knew it was going to be a long day so we quickly stopped and then headed to the luncheon at Magelby's. We walked in and everyone was waiting for us. The food was delicious. After everyone was done eating we had a little program that turned out really nice! It was a very good luncheon.
Then we headed back to my parents house to get ready for the reception. The back yard looked amazing. Kim and her grew did an awesome job! It was everything that I had imagined and more. It turned out perfect. We took some pictures and then stood in line and greeted everyone. I was so happy with all the people that came. The line was constant for all two hours. I couldn't believe how many people were there and just wanted to stay! The backyard was full the whole night. We served a mashed potato bar which was a big hit and then served pie for dessert. Then we had cotton candy and popcorn that people could take as they left! Everyone loved the food! I danced with my dad and Mike danced with his mom to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and then Mike and I danced to All This Time by One Republic. It was so neat! Then we cut the cake, through the bouquet which Suzy caught and the garter which Joel caught then we made our rounds to make sure we said hi to everyone and headed inside to change to leave!
When we walked out everyone let go of balloons! It looked really cool. Mike's friends had decorated his truck and we got in and off we went!! It honestly was the best day of my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect husband and a more perfect day. I LOVED everything about the day!! Thanks to everyone that came and for all your love, support and help to make it the best day of our lives!!
















Your wedding was perfect! Everything was so beautiful and you looked stunning! Love you!
ReplyDeleteIt was a perfect day. You looked amazing and Mike looked very handsome!!! You guys and mom and dad is an amazing job with the yard. I wish we could do it all over again it was so much fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was PERFECT!!!!
ReplyDelete