Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's Christmas Time!!

This Christmas it was our year to spend it with Mike's family! We headed out to Colorado Friday afternoon. Luckily Mike didn't have to work and I only had to work a half day so we were able to head out a little earlier than we had originally planned. When we first got out there we were pretty tired from driving so we ate dinner and then just relaxed.

On Christmas Eve I had to go and run a few errands, then we all headed to see Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty good. I have not seen the first one but I still liked it. After we headed to dinner then went home and read the Christmas story in Luke 2.  Then it was time to go to bed so santa could come!!

Sunday morning we woke up early and opened all our presents.  We were all spoiled and it was fun to open our presents. My main present was a Kitchen Aid that I have been wanting plus a lot of new clothes.  Mike's main present was a new 4-wheeling helmet, some other 4-wheeling accessories, and some clothes!! Then we headed to church where the ward put on a nice Christmas program.  After that I took a nap and then we went and saw some of Mike's family.  Brynn's family and his grandma and grandpa came over for dinner and we had a delicious dinner that Mike's dad cooked.  The we headed home the next day so that Mike could get back to work!!

It was a very good first Christmas together. Although it was a little weird being away from my family for the first time ever on Christmas but we had a fun time spending the weekend with Mike's family! I can't believe that Christmas is over and it is almost 2012!!!





1 comment:

  1. We missed you but I am glad you guys had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete