Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An Unforgettable Night!

Words can not describe last night and how amazing it was.  Last night was David's Christmas concert.  It was at Abravenel Hall.  I was so excited for it since we hadn't seen him live since Stadium of Fire and his concerts are always amazing! We all went to dinner before which was fun and they we headed over to the concert!! Little did I know this concert would be unlike any other I have seen.  The opening act came out and was good but then it was time for David! 

He came out with more energy, more confidence, his voice sounded more powerful.  I have never seen him perform like that.  He is always a great performer but last night something was different.  I had an inkling as to what it could be but I wasn't positive.  He started out with some Christmas songs, then did a few pop songs, then took an intermission.  A full orchestra came out and then David came out and finished with his Christmas songs.  He sang "Little Drummer Boy" and it was so cool.  He moved around the stage tons, danced tons it was just amazing.  

After his final song the crowd went crazy.  It was so loud in there and then he came out for his encore.  He had been pretty emotional the whole night when he would talk about his family and how blessed he was.  But when he came our for his encore you could tell that he was nervous, but excited.  Anyway, he started to talk about how great it was to be home and how much he loves being here and then he said he had a special announcement.  He went on the say that he would be serving a full time mission.  Right when he said that everyone stood up and was cheering so loud.  He stepped back and covered his eyes and you could tell that he was wiping away his tears. The crowd cheered for a good minute and half and then he went on the say how he would be serving a full time mission and that this was something that he decided to do on his own.  That he has always followed and trusted the feelings that he has received and that he knows this is what he is suppose to be doing right now!!! It was amazing to see the crowd respond like that to his announcement.  I honestly can not describe the feeling in the room. It was so cool!! 

I put this on my facebook, but after 4 years of traveling all over from Sacramento to Las Vegas to Boise to Rexburg to St. George to Salt Lake to see him many many times I could not be more excited and more proud right now.  Proud that he would sacrifice his career and all that he has going for him for something as important as a mission!! I know having met him numerous times, having read more articles and watched more interviews than you can imagine about him, and knowing how he lives his life he will be an awesome missionary!! Don't get me wrong I am a little sad that we won't see him perform live for a couple years but I am also so excited!!

Last night was beyond AMAZING and I am SO glad that I was there.  It was the best way to end my David adventures for a couple of years!! And, don't worry when he gets back I will jump right back on the band wagon!!! 



1 comment:

  1. It really was an amazing night! I know people probably think we are crazy but the {spiritual} feeling in Abravanel Hall was palpable. I feel so giddy about it all which is so weird but I guess you had to be there to truly understand. And heck, I freaking broke the story to the media!! haha!! I love David and I will miss his concerts too but this is SO freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete