This past weekend Mike and I celebrated our first anniversary!!! We decided to spend the weekend up in Midway at a little bed and breakfast called Johnson Mill. We headed up Friday afternoon. We decided to stay in the Honeymoon Suite because it looked really nice and cool and it didn't disappoint. When we got there and checked in they showed us around the little house. They had cookies out for their guests to eat which was nice then she showed us to our room! It was beautiful!! It had a fireplace and the coolest waterfall shower.
That night we headed up to Heber to eat dinner at this little place called Spin Cafe. Neither of us had been there but from the looks of the menu it looked like they had plenty that I could eat so we decided to give it a try. Come to find out it was the perfect place to eat. All of their food is fresh, not frozen and most of the items on their menu are gluten free! They even had gluten free onion rings which I have been wanting and which were so good. Both of us loved our food. We will definitely be going back there again!!
The next day we didn't have anything planned so we headed down to this little recreational rental store and rented some bikes and rode around Heber and Midway for a couple of hours. It was so nice and pretty!! It was such a beautiful day and the perfect day to spend outside!! It was a lot of fun and we pretty much saw all of Midway!
That night we headed up to Park City for dinner. We decided to go to Ruth's Chris and it did not disappoint. It was so good. They have the best sweet potatoe casserole that I have ever had. I am going to have to make it because it was so good!! We both stuffed ourselves and then our waiter came back and told us that he had a dessert for us since it was our anniversary!! I didn't get to eat it but Mike said that it was very good!!!
That night when we got back to our room they had flower petals all over the floor and on the bed and then there were chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider!!
I loved where we stayed. It was so pretty and nice! I would for sure stay there again!!
Then on Sunday our actual anniversary we decided to eat the top layer of our wedding cake! So we had some of our cake (well Mike ate the cake) and drank the sparkling cider in our champagne glasses from the bed and breakfast!! It was a fun way to end our anniversary and the perfect weekend!!
This past year has been AMAZING!! I can not believe that we have already been married a year. It went by so fast. I am so thankful for Mike and for all of his love and support!! He is the best husband and has been so patient and caring this past year as we have dealt with all of my health problems. I could not have asked for a better husband and I am so glad that we get the spend eternity together!!! Happy Anniversay Mike!! I love you!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I feel so badly that I did not wish you a happy anniversary! It looks like you had an amazing time! I want to stay at that place sometime! You are a lucky gal to have Mike. You are right, he has been so good to you through all your health stuff. I think a lot of guys would get impatient with the diet and all that but he is so supportive. So impressive! Love you both!!!
ReplyDelete