Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years!

For New Years we headed to Orlando to spend the week with Mike's parents and Madison. We left on Saturday the 29th and I was so nervous/anxious to fly with Brooklyn. I was so nervous that she would cry the whole time or that she would get sick but I was so wrong. She slept the whole flight and didn't wake up until right before we landed in Atlanta. I was so relieved. Then she was awake for our flight from Atlanta to Orlando but she did great. When we landed we headed down to the car rental place and stool in line for almost two hours before we got our car! I guess there were a couple people ahead of us that didn't speak English and didn't know what was going on so they really held things up. But we finally got our car and headed to the resort!

We all got in pretty late so the next day we just took our time getting ready and then headed to Downtown Disney. We walked around for awhile then decided to go and get some dinner. The next day we went to Disney Hollywood Studios and boy was it crowded. You could barely walk there were so many people. We went to the American Idol experience which was my favorite. It was so cool and probably the closest I will ever get to the real thing. After the park we went to dinner and then headed back to the resort. Even though it was New Years Eve we still went to bed early because we were all so tired. I think that is the first time I have not stayed up until midnight!

We also went to Cocoa Beach. Although Brooklyn fell asleep in the car so I just walked around with her while Mike and his parents and Madison hung out at the beach for awhile. The next day Mike got sick so we just stayed at the hotel the whole day to try and help him get feeling better.

Then we went to Magic Kingdom which once again was so crowded. We were able to go on a couple rides which was a lot of fun! Then it was time to head home. We got to the airport a little early so we let Brooklyn sleep before we had to take her out to go through security. We got through security and finally to our gate to find out our flight had been delayed about an hour. I was not too happy about that but we sat around and waiting and finally boarded the plane for home. Once again Brooklyn slept the entire flight! I was so happy!

Although it is a lot harder traveling with a 4 month old we still had a lot of fun and it was nice to get away from the cold for awhile!









No comments:

Post a Comment