Thursday, March 13, 2014

Grandma Barton

My sweet Grandma Barton passed away on March 6th early in the morning. About a week prior she had fallen and they believed she broke a rib and really bruised herself. The next couple days after her fall she was in a lot of pain and started to go down hill quite fast. On Monday the 3rd we were planning on going up to the Timpview state basketball game but Brooklyn woke up sick so we didn't go. Just my parents and Stacy went. Well when they were on their way home Stacy called and we were just talking then she said that dad had just gotten a call and that Grandma was not doing well at all and they didn't think she would make it much longer. So Stacy came and picked us up and we headed down there late that night. Mike took Brooklyn to my parents house in case she needed to eat while I was with my Grandma.

We made it out there and it was hard to see her like that but we were able to spend some time with her and although she couldn't respond we were able to talk to her. The next couple days were spent just wondering. Then on Wednesday we went and visited her again and you could tell that she was getting worse. I went home that night and went to bed and when I woke up the next morning there was a text from my mom that she had passed away. All of my aunts and uncles were able to be there with her and a few of my cousins. Her viewing was this past Monday and her funeral was on Tuesday. Prior to the funeral we all met at the Provo library and took a family picture because it was the first time in a long time that everyone was together. It was a very nice service. I have so many fun memories with my Grandma Barton. I will miss her so much but I know she is so happy and out of pain. Love you Grandma!






No comments:

Post a Comment