Sunday, October 14, 2012

Officer Ty!

A couple months ago Stacy and I started talking about what she wanted to do for Ty's first birthday and she decided that she wanted to do a police officer theme. So, we started looking around to see what we could find and started to plan it. We found this adorable police officer car cake that we wanted to do and then found these cute police officer cupcakes that we also wanted to try and see how they turned out. We also decided that we needed a jail and a banner. So about a month ago we tested out the cake to make sure we knew what we were doing and we did then before we knew it it his birthday was here.

Earlier in the week we went over to Stacy's and made the banner. It turned out so cute! I was very proud of our work. Mike helped us hang it up that night  and it stayed up until his party. Stacy started to decorate a little bit on Friday, but then had to work on Saturday so after the Sunday morning session of conference we headed over to their house to get everything ready. We started with the cake and that turned out so cute once again and then we decorated the cupcakes which turned out exactly how we wanted. We got the food table set up and Stacy had made a treat/take home goody back for all the kids so we set those out. Then we hurried and got ready because it was time for everyone to get there!

People slowly started coming and once everyone was there we had a delicious potatoe bar for dinner. We had tons of food which is always a good thing because you don't want to run out of food. After everyone ate Ty opened his presents and of course got spoiled. He got some really cute stuff and just wanted to play with his toys when he would open them. Then it was time for cake and ice cream. Stacy put him in his high chair with his cake and we all sang but then he didn't want anything to do with the cake! He just sat there and touched it a little bit then started to cry because he wanted to get out! Everyone was able to take pictures in the jail and we all just sat around and visited. It was so fun and everything turned out so well! I'm so glad that I was able to help! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for our next party. It is going to be just as fun as well!!!

It is crazy that it has been one year already since Ty has joined our family. I will never forget driving to work on the morning of October 3, 2011 and getting the phone call from Stacy that Britney was in labor. It was so exciting when we got the call that he was finally born. It was so hard though knowing that we couldn't go to the hospital and see him although thank goodness for facebook and picture messages we were able to see the newest addition to our family.  A couple days later on October 5, 2011 we got to meet the little guy for the first time and it was so amazing. Even though I felt horrible and threw up in the parking lot outside their house waiting for them to come home it was so awesome to see Stacy and Cameron walk in with this little tiny angel and hold him for the first time. It has been so fun to watch him grow and learn throughout this first year of his life. He is the cutest dang thing in the world and is just as smart and calm as can be. A couple months ago when I was so sad and so sick and just feeling horrible and having a horrible week Stacy and Ty came over to visit. Right when I opened the door he reached out for me and put his head on my shoulder. He is so close to the spirit and I knew that was his way of telling me that he knew that everything was going to be ok. It was exactly what I needed!! I love that little guy more than words can describe and I am so happy that I get to be his aunt and that Heavenly Father sent him to our family!!! His party was so much fun to plan and I'm so glad that Stacy let me help her!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment