Monday, November 5, 2012

EXPIRED!!!

Last Thursday something happened to me that has never happened before. Something that I couldn't believe. After work I headed to the American Fork library to vote early. I love voting and I was so excited to vote in this election particularly. Well I waited in line for about 45 minutes....not too bad is what I was thinking. So I get up to the line and show the lady my drivers license and she scans it and she turns to me and says, "did you know your license is expired?"  WHAT?????? Are you kidding me??? No it's not, I just got a new one last year after I got married. I never received anything in the mail!! I was so embarrassed. How did I let my license expire? Well I looked at my license and come to find out it expired on my birthday. I have been driving on an expired license for almost SIX months! I was dying. Well luckily they let me still vote, I just had to fill out this white envelope and then bring back two additional forms of ID. Thank goodness I work for the State so my work ID worked as one form and then I just had to get my social security card. So I ran home while Mike was waiting in line to vote and got my social security card and ran back to the library to make sure my vote counts! It was so crazy, but I got my vote in!! Wahoo! And, I went today and got a new license so I am not driving illegally now. :) But good thing I noticed it now because if I would have waited a few more weeks I would have had to take a test again! Phew! I still can't believe that my license was expired......

Anyway, I voted and I'm glad that I did. This election has been so fun to follow. Especially with Mitt Romney running for president. It is defiantly a moment in history and I can't wait for tomorrow. How lucky are we to be able to vote in such a crucial election. I'm not going to lie though I am a little nervous for the outcome. Hopefully Mitt pulls through!!! We'll see tomorrow!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment