Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weekend Getaway!!

Since the past few weeks have been pretty crazy and there was only one weekend in December that we didn't have anything going on we decided to spend a weekend up in Salt Lake. So last Friday after work I headed up to Salt Lake and met Mike. We went to dinner at Biaggi's at the Gateway. They have a really good gluten free menu and they have the best gluten free bread! I wanted to go there one last time before I stop eating grains completely (more on that in a future post). After dinner we headed over to the hotel to check in and then walked over to City Creek. It was so packed but it was fun to be out and about and pick up a few more Christmas presents. Then we were both tired and cold so we went back to the hotel and just sat in the hot tub for a little while. Then Saturday we woke up bright and early and had room service delivered so we could head out to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple. I have been wanting to go to the Salt Lake Temple for awhile and this was the perfect opportunity. It is huge but it is beautiful! Then we took a quick nap and then headed to get a massage. It was so nice and relaxing! After that we headed over to the Gateway to finish our Christmas shopping...Mike was so good about going shopping with me :) Then we went to dinner. I really wanted to go and walk around Temple Square and see the lights but it was snowing pretty hard and was pretty cold but we decided to go anyway and it was worth it! All the lights were so pretty and the snow made it even more prettier. Then we ended the night with Starbucks! It was such a fun weekend and the perfect little getaway. It is nice to just get away for a couple days and relax. I'm so glad we ended up going and having a blast!! Here is the only picture I got the whole weekend and it isn't great because we took it with Mike's phone, but that's ok at least it is a picture!! 




1 comment: