Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Rest of December....

The rest of December was super busy. Right after we had my dad's surprise party we had the Davis Christmas party which is always so much fun. It was down in Salem again at the little community center. We ate lunch and visited and then Santa came. It is always fun to see how excited (and some not so excited) the kids get when he comes in. This year all of the nieces and nephews were happy to see him except Tatum and Ty. They were a little scared! Maybe next year they will have warmed up to him! It is always fun to see that side of the family that we don't get to see very often and we had a good time!!






Then the next week we had to get ready for my work party and our ward Christmas party. Since I am the newest case manager down at work I was in charge of the entertainment at our work party. I decided to play Christmas Family Feud since it was a huge hit at the Barton party so Jana gave me all her stuff and I just had to create a few new boards and we were good to go. I was nervous for the party because I don't like to get up in front of people and I was worried people wouldn't participate and have fun but it all turned out great and everyone enjoyed themselves. It was such a relief! Then that night was our ward Christmas party that the young woman were in charge of. The YW president had asked if Mike and I would make a gingerbread house to display so I said we would. Little did I know what I was getting into. Well I bought this really nice kit off Amazon and so Monday of that week we started putting it together. Well we had to bake the gingerbread and then put in on the molds, but the kid was missing two of the main sides of the house so Mike had to make his own which was a pain and then the gingerbread didn't cook right and when I tried to put it together it feel apart and my frosting was too thick so I just threw the whole thing away. It was such a pain and now I know why I don't make gingerbread houses! :) The Christmas party turned out great though and everyone really enjoyed themselves. I was glad when that week was over.

The Saturday before Christmas me, Mike, my mom and dad, Phyllis, Stacy, Cameron and Ty, Jana, Graydon and their kids all headed up to Temple Square to see the lights! It was super crowded but it was so much fun and really put us all in the Christmas spirit. It was freezing but it was very pretty! When we were done looking at the lights and City Creek we all headed down to Culver's in Lehi for some dessert! It was a fun night!!



Then it was finally time for Christmas!! I was so excited for Christmas this year and to be in our apartment and spend time with family. We woke up kind of early so that we could open our presents and then get everything ready for lunch. We were both spoiled this year. My main present was a wedding band which is beautiful and I love and Mike's main present was a new camping stove and camping materials and some clothes and some boots! After we opened our presents and got ready we headed down to my parents house for lunch and to open presents down there. We had a nice turkey lunch with all the fixings and sides and then everyone opened their presents! Once again everyone was very spoiled. After we relaxed a little me, Mike, my mom and dad and Stacy and Ty headed down to my Grandma Davis' house to see everyone down there. My grandma always has food for everyone so we ate again and visited then came home! It was such a good Christmas and we are so blessed to be surrounded by family that make the holidays even better!!!



And then it was New Years Eve. My favorite holiday ;) not! We just relaxed that day and the boys all went and saw a movie. Then we headed over to Jana and Graydon's and ate some dinner then played games and visited until in was midnight! We rang in the new year with Ryan Seacrest and the kids went outside and lit sparklers but it was way to cold so me, Jana and my mom stayed inside! It was another fun night and a great way to end 2012!! I can't believe that 2012 is over. It was a busy year with ups and downs but overall it was pretty darn good! Here's to 2013!!!!


1 comment: