When most people think of Strawberry Days they probably think of Pleasant Grove. This past weekend we went to Strawberry Days but it wasn't in PG, it was in Glenwood! When we were driving back from Colorado after our open house out there Mike mentioned how he wanted to try and go home more often. Well since I don't have a job right now it is a lot easier for me and his bosses are great about letting him take some time off. So when we were talking about when we wanted to go out next I told him that I wanted to go out when we didn't have anything planned. Every time I have gone out to Glenwood it has been for a reason so I have never been able to really experience all that it has to offer. Anyway, so we decided to head out this past weekend because it was Strawberry Days and Madison was going to be in the parade and have a little performance after at the park. I was so excited to get out of town for a couple days and not worry about anything!
So Friday we headed out. I also told myself that I was going to be good about taking pictures this weekend and I think I succeeded. Anyway, so Friday we headed out and as usual we stopped in Green River for a break. Well I hadn't been feeling great (not surprised) so this is what I bought to get me through the next few hours....
| Cranberry Juice for my bladder infection, Diet Coke and Chocolate for my headache and Pretzels to eat with my medicine! |
Mike was making fun of me since I bought so much and we were only going to be in the car for a few more hours but it made me feel better which was good! I have also always wanted to stop and get my picture by the "Welcome to Colorado" sign, but we usually are driving out when it is dark but not this time, so I was able to get our picture by the sign!
| Don't mind that it is totally off center. We had to put the camera on the car! |
When we got into Glenwood it was raining. For some reason it rains every time we go out there. But the first thing I wanted to do was eat at this restaurant called Tequila's. So Mike's mom and Madison met us there and we ate and it was really good! After that we went home for a while but Mike felt like a treat so we all headed to Dairy Queen!
The next day was the parade so after getting ready we headed down to the parade route. It finally had stopped raining and it was a fun little parade. Madison handed out fliers along with her karate class which was fun to see!
After the parade we headed over to the park to watch Madison and her karate school do a little demo for the crowd. Madison is awesome at karate and it is fun to watch her!
Then after we walked around the booths at ate lunch we went back home and rested for a minute then we headed over to the tram that I have been wanting to go on since the first time I went out there! Mike's mom and Madison came along which was so fun! At the top of the tram they have a little adventure park. It is awesome. They also have a cave tour which sounds cool as well. We will have to do that next time. Anyway, when we got to the top we decided to ride the Alpine Coaster. So me, Mike and Madison all did that. It was so fun and the view while going down was beautiful!
| Glenwood is beautiful!! |
| The view on the coaster! |
| This is a swing that they have that goes out over the edge of the mountain. I didn't dare go on it but Mike and Madison did. It looks so scary but they had fun! |
| They also have a rock wall and tons of other stuff! |
The adventure park is so much fun! The next day was Sunday/Father's Day so we went to church came home and ate lunch and then played a game before heading back to Utah. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend and I didn't want to come back. I'm so glad that I was finally explore and experience all that Glenwood has to offer. It is such a fun little town!!
Looks like fun!! Hope you are feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteDid it get you excited for the 4th?!?!?!?!
ReplyDelete