Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Proud to be an American!!

I love love love the 4th of July! Every year I look forward to it and it is by far the best weekend of the year.  I love everything about the 4th.  I love what it represents and why we celebrate it, I love the time we get to spend with our family and I love everything that is going on! This 4th of July was a little different though.  My cousin Kempton whose birthday is the 4th of July wasn't there to celebrate with us this year.  Instead he is in Texas where he just graduated from Basic Military Training.  His dad, my uncle Kurt is also in the military, both my grandpas and my dad have also served in the military! I am so thankful for all the brave men and woman that sacrifice their lives so that we can enjoy our freedom here! We are all so proud of Kempton and can't wait for him to get back in 4 months!! 


Then, to start off the weekend we all headed down to Stadium of Fire!! I was so so so excited for this year because David was performing.  It has been way to long since we have seen him live so we were all pretty excited. We all headed down to the stadium and although it was so hot it didn't ruin the night! David came out and sang the national anthem and it was beautiful!! 
Then he came out and sang a few more songs which was so fun and he sounded great! He didn't sing long enough for me but that is ok it was still so fun seeing him! 
Brad Paisley was the headliner and he did awesome as well! I have seen him a few times before and he never disappoints! 
Then the night ended with the awesome fireworks! It was such a fun night and a really good beginning to the weekend of celebration!! 

The next day after church we headed down to Provo to sit with my mom on the parade route! Mike's family was in town so he went and visited with them while we watched our spot! We didn't stay down there too long though because we had to get some rest because the next day me, Mike, Jana and her friend Malinda were running in the Freedom Run.  This is my fourth time running the race and I was a little nervous because I had only been running once in months but I still did it! 


I ended up doing better than I thought I would.  I paced myself from the beginning better than I have in the past and I was able to run more than I have in the past as well so I was very pleased. Mike was able to run the whole time which was awesome too! Jana decided to be brave and run the 10k and she did awesome! She did it in under an hour and was able to run the whole way!! It was fun to cheer her on as she passed the finish line! 


After the parade we all headed up to Janean's for a BBQ and to swim! I don't think that I stopped eating the whole afternoon all of the food was so good! When the afternoon rolled around the guys BBQ'd dinner and it was delicious once again! The weather was perfect for swimming and everyone had a great time! 

It was a great weekend and I am already looking forward to next year!! 

3 comments:

  1. So fun! The fourth of July is the best in Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome weekend!! Let's run again next year! We really need to see a full David show again. I am going through withdrawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 4th! Can you imagine in Kenny did Stadium of Fire? What??? I might die. Ha ha! I am glad you and David are on a First name basis :) My mom was really mad she wasn't there. Can't wait for Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete