Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Fun!

I love Summer! It is especially fun now that the weather has decided to act like it is suppose to.  We have done some fun stuff the past month but for once I have been terrible at taking pictures.  A couple weeks ago we went to Pony Express Days out at Eagle Mountain.  The kids had a blast riding all the rides and we enjoyed just relaxing.  Tatum was having the time of her life.  Jana and Graydon were at a funeral for a little boy in their ward and so we were left to babysit her.  Well just like Grandma's are suppose to do my mom gave Tatum everything she wanted. I think she ate a whole bag of cotton candy and a bag of chocolate chip cookies! She was in heaven.  We also got her these adorable sun glasses and she knew that she was cute in them.  She was showing off.  It was so cute! 

Then last weekend me, Mike, Joel, Erik and Erik's brother all went to dinner and then went up AF canyon and had our first bon fire of the year.  It was fun just to hang out and talk and roast s'mores.  We are excited that it is starting to warm up so that we can go camping soon! The next day Mike got called into work and Cameron was riding his motorcycle in the Orem parade so Stacy and I decided to head down to Orem to watch him.  Well we got to the parade route just in time to see them go by to clear the parade route.  Cameron looked really cool on his bike.  Then the parade started and we heard to police coming so I got the camera ready  but as they past us we noticed that there was only one AF officer and it wasn't Cameron.  Weird.  So we figured that he either got called out to an emergency and had to go or that he crashed.  Well Stacy looked at her phone and realized she had a missed call from him and come to find out one of the PG officers hit into the back of him toward the beginning of the parade.  So we walked up to where he was and waited with him for the tow truck to come.  I felt bad for him but hopefully they will fix his motorcycle soon so that we can see him in other parades! We still had a good time though! 

Then yesterday we all headed to Seven Peaks.  I haven't been there for a few years because I usually am working during the Summer but I was able to go this year and it was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast.  The older kids went off and did their own thing so we spent most of our time in the kiddie pool with Tatum and Bridger.  Bridger was such a good sport all day despite being tired and Tatum loves swimming.  We took her down the little slide in the kiddie pool and she just wanted to keep doing it over and over.  She would walk right up to the slide and get in and go down.  If the kids weren't going fast enough in front of her she would tell them to go.  And if they were taking too long she would just butt in front of them.  She was having a blast and it was so fun to be out in the sun! 

It has been fun to be able to go to all these fun things with my family!! We are going to Colorado this weekend for Strawberry Days and I am so excited. It will be nice to get out of the house for a few days!! Then it is almost time for the 4th of July! The best holiday of the year. I can't wait! 

1 comment:

  1. I love summer too!!! Can't wait for the 4th of July! I registered for the 10k so you and Mike will have to wait awhile for me at the finish line so we can go down to the parade (if that's ok)!! :)

    ReplyDelete