As with most of you I will never forget the day of September 11, 2001. I was a sophomore and we had academic assistance that day so school started later than usual. I was in the bathroom getting ready when my dad called and told my mom to turn on the TV. The first plane had just hit the Trade Center. We watched for awhile then it was time to go to school. I was sitting in 1st period, it was Mrs. Hansen's English class. We were watching the events unfold and shortly after class began we watched the towers collapse. It was a moment I don't think any of us will ever forget. We watched the news in every class that day except for chemistry. In seminary since they didn't have outside TV we talked about scriptures about hope! For days following the tragedy we sat in front of the TV and just watched and listened. It is a day that we will never forget!
As I sit and watch the news and the tributes today and as I reflect on the day and all that has happened since I am thankful! Thankful for the brave men and woman that came to the rescue that horrible morning...
Thankful for all of the military men and woman that sacrifice their lives everyday for our freedom...
Thankful for all of the law enforcement officers and firefighters that risk their lives everyday for our safety....
Thankful for my amazing husband and that we are able to be together forever...
Thankful for our families and for all the love and support they give to me and Mike....
And most importantly thankful to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for their love toward all of us and for the opportunity we have to live in a nation that allows us freedom of religion...
September 11, 2001 is a day that will never be forgotten. I hope today that we all hold those we love a little closer and remember how lucky we are to live in such an amazing nation!





This made me cry! Well said little sis!! Love you. I will never forget!!!
ReplyDelete