0-6. That is the Pollywogs record! This year the Pollywogs were back in action at the Salem Days Softball Tournament. It started on Thursday where we played two games. The first game we played against a bunch of young high school baseball and softball players so we didn't do great but we definitely played better than last year. Our second game we played a little bit better as we got more comfortable with everyone. Although we lost both games the highlight of the night was when my dad "slid' into home plate and scored our first run! It was quite the slide that we are still laughing about today. My dad is such a good sport! After my dad scored we scored a few more runs which was fun!!
The first night was just to place us for the next night. Well since we finished last we played another team that finished last in another bracket so we were feeling good about possibly winning. And, we started out amazing! We scored first and everyone was hitting well and playing the field well. But then we let one inning get away from us and it was down hill from there. Mike played awesome. He had a few really good hits. I didn't play as well the first night. Actually I struck out every time I got up to bat. The second night though I made my goal of getting on base. I was so excited when I hit the ball and actually made it to first. It was so fun! Although we continued our losing record we had so much fun and are getting a lot better. We are already making our plans for next year!! Go Pollywogs!!!
Haha! We stink!! But it really is fun!
ReplyDelete