I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for Mike's birthday but I knew I wanted to do something different then just having cake and ice cream. So my first thought was go up the canyon and make tin foil dinners. Well we all know the fire restrictions, but I had the thought that they may have been lifted so I thought why not. I wanted to go up South Fork but when we drove up there to check things out there were still signs all over that you could not have fires. So my mom decided to call just to make sure. Well they told her that you can have fires as long as they are in the designated areas. So we decided to go along with it. Then Stacy called a couple days later just to double check and they told her we couldn't. So then I didn't know what to do. So we decided that we would just go up the canyon and have a picnic and get KFC! That was fine and I knew Mike would just like being up the canyon.
So last Saturday me, Mike and all of my family headed up to South Fork for a little picnic. It was the perfect weather and it was so nice up there. Right before we were leaving to head up Mike was talking to his friend Joel who told him that they had just lifted the fire ban. Of course. So we called my parents and asked them to bring some wood and we would just have s'mores. Once we got up there my mom, Phyllis and dad had the perfect spot for us. We just let the kids play for awhile, they were having a really good time in the little creek and then we ate. When we were done eating we decided to get the fire going and roast s'mores! We only had one person come up and tell us that we couldn't have a fire. But we quickly informed him that we had checked with the City and we could have fires!! It was so fun and the best way to celebrate Mike turning 27!!! I'm glad that everything worked out and we were able to have a fire!!
It was so much fun!!
ReplyDelete