This past week has been another busy one but it has been full of firsts and loads of fun! To start off last Thursday my family played in a softball tournament down in Salem for Salem Days. A couple weeks ago my family all got together for a little practice which was good and helpful so we felt pretty good going into the tournament. We were the Pollywogs! Go google it if you don't know what that is! Boy were we wrong. Haha. Come to find out we were the only team of "family" members and all the other teams consisted of people that actually play softball. One team that we played was full of the U of U softball and baseball players. So we didn't really have a change to win but we still had tons of fun!! It was so fun just to be together and enjoy each others company. Although we ended up 0-3 we still had a blast and I can't wait for next year. Maybe we will practice more next time!!
![]() |
| It was fun having my Grandma there!! |
Then that Saturday we all headed down to Salem again for the parade, fair and picnic! The parade is always a lot of fun. They allow the participants in the parade to throw candy and boy do they throw candy. The kids all love it and end with a bag full of all sorts of good stuff! After the parade we usually head down to the pond for the games and to look at the booths. While my dad spoiled the grandkids with tickets me, Mike, my mom and aunt Phyllis looked around the booths then headed back to my grandmas for lunch! This is such a fun tradition that I look forward to every year!!
We didn't stay for to long though because that night me, my mom and Jana were going to the Josh Groban concert! I was so excited to see him live because I love all of his CD's. He came a couple years ago and my mom and Jana went but I don't know why I didn't so I knew I didn't want to miss him this time and I'm so glad I didn't. He sounded so awesome live and is such a good entertainer! I'm so glad that I was able to go and I won't miss his concert again!!
And last but certainly not least Monday was Mike's birthday!! We both had to work so after work all we decided to have everyone meet over at the park for cake and ice cream to celebrate him turning 26!! It was fun to be together once again. Matt and Brynn had just gotten back from being in Russia all Summer so it was fun to see them! Joel and Erik also came which was fun!! We just hung out and had cake and ice cream! It was low key but it was nice just to have a night off to relax!!
It has been such a fun month of August and the fun is just going to continue the next couple of weekends!!






The fun continues!!!
ReplyDelete